One of the worst nightmares of anyone having a dental problem, is tolerating a toothache. Toothpaste gives you temporary relief, but this effect lasts for a very short time. What you need at this point is, something that will help ease the pain for a longer duration. Here are some simple home remedies which will help you ease the pain pretty fast.
Tooth Pain Relief
There are several ways by which you can relieve your toothache; over the counter medicines as well as several home remedies. Let us first look at the various homes remedies for toothache relief.
- Cloves are one of the best remedies for toothaches. You can either chew on a piece of clove or you can also use clove oil to ease the pain. Put a few drops of the oil on the affected part and it will make the area numb and also reduce the pain.
- Small pieces of onion placed on the affected area also helps to get rid of the irritating pain.
- A swig of whiskey can also help. The alcohol, upon contact with the gums around the affected area, acts like a kind of anesthesia, which reduces the pain.
- Swishing salt water in your mouth, is also of great help. This not only soothes the pain, but it also helps in killing the harmful microbes in the mouth.
- Wheat grass juice also acts as a good pain relief option. It can be used as a mouth wash or it can be chewed to get rid of the pain.
- Black pepper is good for toothache as well as bad breath. A paste of black pepper and salt, applied on the cavity can do wonders.
- A mixture of mustard oil and salt, is a good option. Massaging your tooth with this mixture will be good for the aching area.
- Vanilla extracts too can be used to make the aching area numb, thus reducing the pain. Dried peppermint leaves are also good for a toothache. Place these leaves around the tooth for around 10 to 15 minutes (and do this for at least 10 to 15 times) and then throw it out. This acts as a good painkiller and provides fast toothache relief.
- Using iodine is also a good option for a pain killer. However, one has to be careful not to swallow it.
- Use of an ice pack is also a great remedy, which you can try out at home. Hold an ice pack around the affected area and compress it.
- Another remedy is to use sliced cucumber. Hold these slices around the affected area and the pain will ease off on its own. You can also use refrigerated cucumber.
- A mixture of turmeric powder and mustard oil applied on the aching tooth, is not only good for getting rid of the pain, but also the problems related to tooth decay.
- Another amazingly good pain relief option is massaging the earlobe on the side of the ache. Massaging it for 10 to 15 minutes, will slowly reduce the pain.
Besides these home remedies, there are also some over the counter medications which act as painkillers that help reduce the pain. Some medicines like Ibuprofen or maybe Advil can do wonders in curbing the pain. These fast toothache relief solutions will help you get rid of the pain, temporarily. However, its best that you go to the dentist and get it checked as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.