The immune system does not better or get stronger on its own. It is a complex network of multiple entities, which are required to work in a harmonious nature and tune. If any one of these gets impaired or misaligned from its job, then the next thing for us is a whole lot of unpleasant symptoms to deal with. So, in order to avoid different kinds of medical conditions from slowing us down, we need to intervene in the process and make our immune system stronger.
Natural Methods to Boost the Immune System
- The most important requirement for a healthy immune system is getting adequate sleep. Although the standard duration for healthy sleep is 7-9 hours, it may vary among people. If you feel fresh and vibrant after sleeping for even 6 hours, then it is enough. The bottom line is, whatever is the sleep requirement, one must get it. Among the many benefits of sound sleep is improved mood, increased level of awareness, increased energy levels, healthy skin and weight control.
- Equally important is drinking plenty of water. Water is an inexpensive, natural detoxifying agent, that helps the body to get rid of toxins thus, a great immune system booster.
- A well-balanced diet, particularly, one that is high in raw fruits and greens is also equally important. These foods are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and enzymes; benefits that are unparalleled. Including all kinds of foods help in keeping the balance of the different nutrients required by the body, to keep the immune system running efficiently.
- When it comes to improving the immune system, one cannot afford to miss the importance of exercise. If not anything else, go for a morning jogging session, and an evening walk.
- The most important vitamins for a healthy immune system include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and B-vitamins. The best way is to get them from natural food sources. However, for some people, supplements are recommended.
- Give up refined sugar, and add sugar-free sweeteners such as agave and stevia. It won't take long for you to notice the difference.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine-based products.
Various studies have come up with the fact that stress has a great impact on immunity and susceptibility to illness. One of the major impacts is, it stimulates chemicals such as adrenaline in the body. And such chemicals are known to suppress the immune system, thus, making a person more vulnerable to catch infection or develop a medical condition. So go for meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, hypnosis, to lower your stress levels and enhance your immunity.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.