Looking and feeling young are two different things. However, in order to look young, you need to feel it from inside. It's true. We are that many years old as our hearts and minds tell us. In today's time, our society and its culture has evolved to such an extent that beauty is only skin deep. The obsession to look young has even driven people to taking extreme measures as getting plastic surgeries and altering their appearances altogether. But even then, you will find that the thirst for looking young doesn't end there as well. Many people will keep pushing themselves till the point of no return.
I know that I'm painting a picture which isn't true to majority of the population wanting to look younger at the age of 50. However, it is better to educate ourselves that by walking on unguided pathways, these mistakes are quite possible. Looking younger at 50 is possible, only if you plan your methods accordingly. And with this article, we would like to bring you some helpful tips and suggestions on how someone can look younger even at (or after) 50. Take a look.
Look Younger Even in Your 50s
The point here isn't to literally turn the hands of time but it wouldn't hurt to age gracefully. Instead of opting for risky cosmetic surgeries and spending a ton on Botox injections, there are safer choices which can give your body, mind, and soul to feel younger than never before.
- Regardless of you age, you should always wear sunscreen when you are going outside in the sun. It is said that the harmful UV rays from the sun is one of the main culprits for wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots on our skin.
- This one is for the ladies - Applying makeup is a good way to hide wrinkles, uneven skin tone, blemishes, and age spots instantly. However, applying the makeup in the correct way is important here. You don't want to overdo it; just enough so that the harsh wrinkles on your face can be concealed.
- As we age, our skin decreases the quantity of moisture it retains. Which is why, you will see more dryness in our skin as we get older. As a result, the appearance of wrinkles and saggy skin is clearly visible. Hence, apply a facial moisturizer and a night cream to keep the skin vital.
- Try changing the color of your hair. Although, choose lighter shades as they help in making you look younger. Now if you like the gray-hair look, instead of opting for your natural gray hair color, there are other shades of gray which you can get. But remember, do avoid a drastic change in your appearance as you don't want to overdo it.
- Apart from applying night cream and facial moisturizer, drinking adequate amount of water each day is also required. You need to hydrate your skin from within as well.
- Believe it or not, rest is one of the sweetest and most peaceful techniques to looking young. Everyday, the human body goes through a series of physical activities and stress. This only makes us feel tired from the inside, but it also shows on the outside. When we sleep, our cells are in fact repairing the DNA damage that may have been caused from the day.
- Pamper yourself from time to time. Sometimes, giving yourself a break from your hectic schedule can do you good. Get a nice, relaxing facial, body massage, body scrub, manicure, and pedicure. (Yes, even for men). With these different treatments, the outer, dead skin is removed and you look and feel rejuvenated.
- For our next tip, we suggest you to change your hairstyle. For this, you need to visit your hairstylist and seek his/her advice. Many times, when you try certain hairstyles that suit the dimensions of your face, you can literally cut down years off your face.
- Is your current weight ideal for your height and age? Depending on your height and build, you should try to keep a healthy weight for yourself. Obesity is one of the biggest reasons an individual can look older than his/her age. You can beat this dilemma if you tried and focused on losing weight. Consult your doctor and fitness trainer to see if you should lose a considerable amount of weight.
- Practice meditation and yoga. The different yoga poses are known to turn back the hands of time. Yoga and meditation not only benefit your body from the inside, they also provide you with much-needed peace and tranquility in life.
- Having an active lifestyle is the key to looking young forever. When you're always on the go, your body doesn't get enough time to become lethargic or 'old'. Keep yourself active by doing different exercises or even physical activities like outdoor sports.
- And finally, watch what you eat. Eating healthy is definitely important. As we age, the elasticity and strength in our skin gives in, and the production of collagen decreases. Which is why, you should consult your doctor and a dietitian that will make an ideal food pyramid or chart especially for you.
There are no secret tips or tricks on how to look younger at (or after) 50. With proper care and nutrition for your mind, body, and soul, you can look in the mirror and be proud of yourself. Live life in a more positive way and everything else will follow suit.