You have a beautiful face, flawless skin, sharp features, but pale yellow teeth. Does it look good? Of course not. Your teeth play a very important role in keeping you beautiful and charming. They complement your smile and make you look better. But many people have discolored teeth either because of some disease or due to some other causes like smoking, alcohol, excess intake of tea, coffee, etc. To get their teeth back to their shiny and sparkling beauty they spend a lot of money to get it treated medically. But do you know oil pulling for teeth whitening is one of the simplest ways of getting your teeth back to their original shine. Let's find out what is oil pulling and what is the method of using it.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is a method which is used to cure many diseases. It is a very simple way of getting rid of oral problems like bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, headaches, eczema, ulcers, intestinal diseases, heart and kidney diseases, etc. It also help in curing gum diseases, tooth decay, etc. Apart from these, it is one of the easiest home teeth whitening remedies. You can use many different types of oils like coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, etc., for it. Oil activates the enzyme which results in the removal of all the bacteria, viruses and the toxic substances with the oil. This remedy is very old and its effective detoxifying results have made it one of the favorite treatments for the people to want get rid of the discoloration.
Oil Pulling Method
You just have to follow the following points and you will get rid of the discoloration problem of pale colored teeth.
- Firstly you have to decide on any one oil. You can use any oil like avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, etc. Do not use an oil which does not suit you or one that you are allergic to.
- You have to use this method early morning. Before brushing your teeth and without eating or drinking anything.
- Take one tablespoon of any oil in your mouth and tilt your chin upwards so that the oil reaches your molar and start swishing.
- Keep doing this for about 15 to 20 minutes and then spit it out. Do not drink the oil at all.
- Rinse your mouth properly and brush your teeth. Drink two to three glasses of water after that.
- Repeat the procedure daily and do it 2 times a day for better and faster results.
Precautions to be Taken
While doing the oil pulling, you need to follow some precautionary measures. Following are some of them.
- Do not swallow the oil as it may contain bacteria and toxic substances.
- If you are allergic to a particular oil then switch to another oil.
- Do not gargle it as it is just meant for keeping in the mouth.
- Oil pulling should be done at least 4 hours after the meal and after it wait at least for 1 hour.
- Do not stop oil pulling in between as it will reduce its effect.
There are some side effects associated with some of the oils such as coconut oil but they are not serious and can be overcome by changing the oil. Oil pulling therapy is used for many other diseases also and it has proved to be very effective. Though it is said that you can use any oil for teeth whitening the most recommended ones are sunflower and sesame oil. Use cold pressed oil and if you can't find it, then you can go for refined oil. Hope this article helped you to find a way out of your embarrassment of discolored teeth.