Are your stinky feet bothering everyone around you? Then you should read this article to know how to get rid of stinky feet. Just scroll down…
The maximum number of sweat glands in our body are located in the feet. There are approximately 50,000 sweat glands in the feet. You must have noticed that your feet stink only when you wear shoes or any other footwear which is closed and does not allow air to pass, and they will never stink when you are wearing slippers. This is because of the fact that when the feet sweat, all the sweat is collected inside the shoe and is soaked either by the socks or by the shoes. This results in the growth of bacteria which results in foul odor. Unknowingly, this may bother the people around you. Hence you need to know how to deal with stinky feet. Let’s find the solution for this stinky feet problem before it becomes a matter of embarrassment.
Tips to Get Rid of Stinky Feet
Our body basically consists of two types of sweat glands, apocrine and eccrine glands. The eccrine glands are present in the feet which are responsible for sweating. Usually the sweat glands produce sweat which gets dried up and the body gets cooled down. But when we wear shoes the sweat does not dry and gets accumulated in the feet. This gives a chance to the bacteria which is present on the skin to grow. These bacteria result in stinky feet. Hence it is very important to maintain personal hygiene by getting rid of stinky feet.
Following are some of the tips to treat stinky feet at home.
- Washing your legs on a regular basis will definitely reduce excessive sweating and foul smell. Wash you feet with soap, preferably with anti bacterial soap. This will kill the bacteria and will help you get rid of smelly feet. Make sure you wipe off the water after washing the feet.
- Avoid wearing the same socks daily. This is because your socks get wet with sweat and bacteria start living in it. If you wear the same socks then bacteria will again come into contact with your feet and the same problem will start again.
- Take half cup of vinegar and mix it in warm water. Now soak your feet in it for say 20 minutes and then remove them and wipe them with a clean towel. This is one of the best stinky feet home remedy as it will not only get you rid of the bad odor but will also sooth your feet.
- Try to keep your feet dry. This is one of the easiest smelly feet solutions. Remove the shoes if you don’t need them and wear slippers which may allow air to pass through your feet and the sweat to dry up. If you cannot switch to another footwear then buy two pair of shoes and wear it alternatively.
- Once you reach home, remove the shoes and keep them at a place where they can get enough air to dry. Remove the lace and take out its tongue. Leave it till you use it for the next time. Do not keep them in a closet otherwise your closet will turn into a stinky place.
- Try to avoid foods which have high odor. Garlic, onions, chillies, etc. are some of the food items which may increase the foul smell. You need to stay away from alcohol as it add to your smelly feet.
- You can also use antiperspirant which restricts the sweat to reach the skin. This will reduce the sweat and hence there will be no growth of bacteria. You can also use deodorant. It will not reduce the sweat but will keep them away from the bad odor. Apart from these two solutions, you can also try talcum powder. Put talcum power inside the shoe before wearing it. It will soak the sweat and will hinder the growth of bacteria. This is one of the best stinky feet cure.
So, these were some of the tips on how to get rid of stinky feet and shoes. Take care of cleanliness and concentrate on healthy living. Ignorance of stinky feet may not only trouble others but will also harm your feet with many diseases and infections. So, wear shoes but don’t forget to take care of your feet.