Yeast infection is a nuisance and severely hampers a woman’s lifestyle, and her peace of mind! Learn how to get rid of yeast infections naturally, using simple herbs, and products…
Yeast infection can infect both sexes, and both can transfer it to their sexual partners. Nonetheless, this health condition is far more prevalent among women. What most of us do not realize initially is that, the root of the infection is within our own system. Therefore, treating the symptoms, once the infection manifests itself will not cure the source of the infection. It would rather, be more logical to prevent the fungi from spreading.
As a fact, Candida is a part of our body, and remains dormant without causing any trouble. However, when it is allowed to grow beyond its limits, it begins to create chaos! Let us first try to learn how yeast spreads, before we find out about how to get rid of yeast infections naturally.
Possible Reasons for Yeast Infection
The sudden overgrowth of this fungi, or yeast occurs as a result of many factors such as:
- pH imbalance is considered to be the root cause in most cases. When these levels fluctuate, it instigates the growth of the vaginal yeast. An increase in the body temperature causes more moisture to collect in the vaginal tract, which offers a conducive environment for the infection to grow.
- Not maintaining proper personal hygiene.
- Due to excessive moisture, and pH imbalance, during periods.
- Fall in the probiotic count in the intestines, and vagina.
- Due to menopause, and as a result of the thinning of the vaginal walls. This happens when estrogen levels plummet and fails to provide adequate protection to a woman’s immune system.
- This infection is also a sign high blood sugar, or diabetes and can be found in people who have a higher chance of developing diabetes.
- Contracted from one’s sexual partner, due to lack of hygiene, and unhealthy lifestyle.
- Wearing undergarments that haven’t been sun-dried or are still slightly damp. Sunlight kills bacteria, and fungus in wet clothes.
- Contraceptive pills cause vaginal yeast infection. Women must get a proper blood test done, in order to confirm whether the ingredients of the daily pill, will not adversely affect their health.
Herbal Remedies to Fight Yeast Infection
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known to be the best cure for this infection, as it not only cures the symptoms but is also believed to kill the excess fungi. Many women believe in the effectiveness of this natural remedy, as it seems to have been the only one which worked on them. Some women who have suffered from recurring yeast infections, over a span of over 30 years have claimed that this relatively neglected herb, helped them get cured.
Tea tree oil must never be applied directly to the affected area. It must be first diluted with pure olive oil, or plain water and then applied. All you need to do, is to pour this concoction on a tampon and insert it in the vagina. Also remember to apply some on the outside as well.
Probiotics are Good
Probiotics are an excellent example of how to control the yeast from within the system. These microbes are preexistent in the intestines and the vaginal area, they are useful as they help control the Candida yeast, from causing infection. This is another reason why yogurt, milk, and other unsweetened dairy products help prevent this infection. You could instead have probiotic supplements through doctor’s prescription.
Apart from yogurt being excellent especially for women’s health, it is also known to fight yeast infection. Though, it should be applied for 30-45 minutes and then it must be washed off, as it will make you feel uncomfortable, and itchy. Apply yogurt on a tampon and insert. Make yogurt an essential part of your daily diet. Never apply sweetened yogurt as, sugar instigates the growth of yeast.
Garlic is known for its antibacterial, fungal as well as antiseptic qualities. This is a rather stinky option, but is believed to be a very effective home remedy for yeast infection. You may either insert a single mashed clove directly inside the vagina or you could make a paste and then spread it on a tampon. The tampon option seems more practical, and less tricky.
Oregano oil is another excellent herb that works wonders, against fighting yeast infection. Apply this oil topically only when diluted with pure olive oil, or unrefined coconut oil. This oil is quite potent against fungus and will definitely kill it from its source. This concoction must be applied 3 times a day with 1-2 drops of diluted oil of oregano.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the only type of vinegar that helps fight vaginal yeast infection. Normal and other types of vinegar, feeds the yeast, so do not try them as it will aggravate your condition a lot more. Insert topically, using a tampon. Drinking a bit of the diluted apple cider vinegar is also beneficial for health.
Mother of Thyme Tea
This herb, has the ability to cure skin infections, because of its antiseptic, and antibacterial abilities. You can either drink this tea 3-4 times in a day so as to create resistance, or you pour in on a tampon.
Boil some rosemary in a bit of water, and then dip a tampon in the liquid. Rosemary can also be used for washing the area, for better results.
The above mentioned herbs are some of the most effective remedies against this infection. Nonetheless, if the problem persists, certain medications will need to be taken. Encourage your sexual partner to have the medication as well, so as to suppress the spread of this infection. Hopefully this article has been helpful.