You can induce periods with herbs. The one that tops the list is parsley. It is commonly consumed as tea. This article presents a short description on parsley tea to induce periods.
Parsley is a culinary herb, mostly found in the Middle East, Europe, and America. Its nutritional and health benefits are a hot topic of discussion among health conscious people. One of the major benefits is the induction of menstruation. It is often prescribed by herbalists to women suffering from menstrual disorders or irregularities. This is because it is one of the very effective known emmenagogues. An emmenagogue is a substance that stimulates the flow of blood towards the uterus and cervix, and induces the shedding of the mucous membrane that lines the uterus, medically termed as endometrium.
How Does Parsley Induce Periods
How to Use Parsley
- Place 3-4 teaspoons of parsley in an infusion bag. Put this infusion bag in a teapot.
- Add one cup of hot water to it, and leave it undisturbed for 5-9 minutes to allow steeping.
- Take out the infusion bag as the tea is ready for drinking.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of powdered form of dried parsley leaves to one cup of water.
- Heat the mixture till it begins to boil.
- Filter the water out and use it as tea.
- Parsley is bitter to taste, and therefore, it is better if you add 1-2 teaspoon of honey and 2-3 drops of lemon juice to it. This will enhance its flavor and you will enjoy drinking it.
Since volatile oils are behind the period induction action of parsley, its heating or cooking decreases the content of such oils in it. Therefore, one better way to make parsley to induce period is to use it in the form of pessary or vaginal depository.
- Take small twigs of parsley, and make a small parcel by wrapping them in cheesecloth.
- Place the bundle your vagina.
- Keep it for about 10-12 hours, and then replace it with new ones.
- Do it for 2-3 days. It will induce period very soon.
As it is clear from the text in this article that parsley tea is an uterine stimulant. Therefore, one of the possible side effects is miscarriage. This is the reason that it is never prescribed to pregnant women.
Many women suffer from period irregularities at the time of physical or mental stress, hormonal disorders, etc. They can safely use parsley tea to induce their periods and relieve their worries. But sometimes, some medical complications can be the cause behind missed periods. Therefore, it is advisable that you consult a gynecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment whenever you skip your period without a known cause.
Disclaimer: This HerHaleness article is for informative purposes only, and should not be replaced for the advice of a medical professional.