There are many natural cures for yeast infection that occurs during pregnancy. This HerHaleness article talks about these cures in detail. Take a look.
The vaginal yeast infection is common in women, especially more common in pregnant women. There is normally lowering of immunity, which leads to excess growth of the microorganisms called Candida albicans. This excessive growth leads to candidiasis, a kind of fungal infection, which is also known as yeast infection. It is extremely important to understand that self-medication for such an infection is not advisable in pregnancy, as there are many common drugs that are contraindicated in pregnancy because, they can harm to the fetus. Also, certain drugs are easily absorbed through the bloodstream and thus, can reach the fetus. Newer and more effective antifungal drugs, like diflucan can interfere with normal embryonic development. At times, even excess topical application of antifungal drugs in the vaginal region can expose the fetus to certain risks during the first trimester.
- A healthy diet during pregnancy helps to substantially reduce the severity of symptoms. A simple way to cure such infections naturally is by eating acidophilus rich food, like yogurt. Also try to increase your intake of garlic, as it also acts as a natural antifungal agent. This suppresses the growth of microorganisms that lead to yeast infections.
- Take some drops of tea tree oil and apply it on a tampon and use it. This is one of the best cures for pregnancy yeast infection.
- Vinegar is well-known for its anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. Although you can use plain vinegar, apple cider vinegar is most effective for treating yeast infection during pregnancy. Fill your bathtub with warm water and then add one cup of vinegar to this water. You can soak in this water for about fifteen minutes. Be sure, not stay for longer as the condition may worsen instead of getting better. Ensure that you dry your vaginal area properly using absorbent paper, after the remedy, to get better relief.
- Honey works wonders as one of the remedies for this infection. Before going in for a bath, you can apply honey to the affected region. After applying honey, wait for around fifteen minutes. After this, you can have a warm-water bath. Be sure to dry the region with an absorbent paper towel after the bath.
- Certain topical antifungal creams are allowed to be used as yeast infection cures for pregnant women. This cream is inserted into the vagina every night before going to bed. At times, it is advised to wear a panty liner to deal with the discharge.
- If you have a diet that is high in sugar, then you must cut down on your sugar intake. This is because refined sugar is what yeast lives on.
- One of the simple tips that you can use is to take certain precautions that can help to prevent the occurrence of the infection. Try to wear cotton inner wear rather than wearing synthetic fabrics. Also, wear loose inner wear so that you are comfortable in it. Don’t use perfumed soap for cleaning the vaginal area. Furthermore, try to avoid sitting around wet areas, like in a bathtub or in a wet bathing suit for long.
- There are some simple tips that can help to prevent the occurrence of these infections altogether. They include, dealing with stress (as excess stress can lead to an outbreak), avoiding consumption of too many antibiotics (as these tend to lower the immunity of a person), etc.
Make sure that as much as possible, avoid excess heat and moisture. Also, ensure that you take extra care to maintain proper personal hygiene, because as they say, prevention is always better than cure!