Are you finding it difficult to lose weight? Then use these simple weight loss tips to get rid of the excess fat.
Many women over 40 find it difficult to lose weight. There are many reasons that may be stopping you from losing weight. It can be due to the hectic office life or a busy family life. No matter what the reason, with some simple changes in your lifestyle you can get rid of the excess fat and remain in a good shape. Here are some healthy weight loss tips for women, that will help you to remain fit.
Weight Loss for Women Over 40
- The first thing you need to do in the weight loss program is calculate your BMI. Once you have figured out how much overweight you are, you can aim at the normal weight range for your height and age. Also, you need to take your body measurements to keep track of your changing shape. Measure body areas like calves, thighs, hips, abdomen, bust, forearms, upper arms, neck, etc. Then note down these measurements in a diary. In this diary maintain a section to take monthly body measurements and weight. So, every month you can note down how many pounds you have lost and how many inches you have lost from different body areas.
- Now, there are two things you need to aim at. First is to make healthy changes in your diet, and second is to follow some form of workout daily.
- Making changes for weight loss in your diet doesn’t mean that you reduce the amount of food you eat, but substitute unhealthy foods with healthier ones. Make a list of the healthy foods and all the unhealthy foods you eat. Avoid eating junk foods, sugary foods, sugary sodas, coffee or tea, or any fried foods. These are very fattening and cause water retention in the body. Your weight loss diet should contain many different healthy food recipes.
- For example you can substitute unhealthy snacks with yogurt smoothie with berries, fruits, hummus with crackers, dry fruits and nuts, low fat string cheese with some wheat crackers, low fat granola bars, fresh fruit salads, fresh vegetable salads, etc.
- These were the snacks option, you can also replace sodas, coffee, or tea with green/white tea. Drinking 3 – 4 cups of green tea and plenty of water throughout the day will keep your body hydrated and also help cleanse the body.
- Make sure you make your meals using very less oil. Steaming, broiling, baking, or grilling are some options to make healthy meals.
- So, for a month just focus on these weight loss foods for women. Once you are comfortable with these diet changes, it is time to add some exercise to your weight loss program.
- There are various weight loss exercises for women, however due to time constraint it might not be possible to dedicate an hour or two for workout.
- A walk for 30 minutes in the morning is a good idea. If you are already going for walks, then start jogging to add more intensity. Having a glass of cold water with lemon juice in the morning can help to speed up your metabolism further.
- If you can spend some 15 – 20 minutes after jogging for exercising, then do some strength training exercises. You can get some basic weights and perform some easy weightlifting exercises to tone up.
- However, if you are aiming at quick weight loss then consider joining a gym and get a personal trainer.
It is not necessary to implement all the above tips. The best way to lose weight is to give yourself some time to adjust to a healthier lifestyle. And to maintain a healthy and fit body, make sure you stick to the program.