During pregnancy, a woman’s diet needs to be controlled and planned out properly. This article provides some recipes for pregnant women.
When you are pregnant, your diet will depend upon your hunger cravings. Apart from this, a pregnancy diet should be free from excessive spices and oily foods. It’s very normal to develop a dislike for the dishes you loved, while relishing those that you hated before. Recipes prepared for pregnant women should contain proteins, vitamin, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats in a well-balanced proportion. In this way, you can suffice the dietary requirements of your body during pregnancy. Chalk out your pregnancy diet plan and then prepare the suitable recipes.
A Healthy Recipe for Pregnant Women
A healthy diet during pregnancy is required not only for the health of mother but also for normal development of the baby. Your recipes should include foods like chicken, green vegetables, and dairy products. Given below is a healthy breakfast recipe.
Maple Butter Cornbread
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 1½ teaspoon
- Wheat flour, ¼ cup
- Buttermilk, 1 cup
- Cornmeal, ¾ cup
- Beaten egg, 1
- Baking Soda, ¾ teaspoon
- Fresh Cranberries (chopped), ½ cup
- Unsalted butter, 6 teaspoons
- Maple syrup, ¼ cup
- Maple butter, 4 teaspoons
- First, make the cornbread. For that, whisk the flour, soda, salt, cornmeal, and baking powder together.
- Before the batter stiffens, add the buttermilk, maple syrup, egg, and butter to it. Scape it into a pan and then add the chopped cranberries to it.
- Bake it in an oven preheated to 425 °F for 15-18 minutes.
- Beat the maple butter to make a smooth paste.
- Top the freshly prepared cornbread with maple butter, and the dish is ready.
A Recipe for Pregnant Women with Diabetes
The food prepared for women having gestational diabetes should be free from simple carbohydrates and glucose. Therefore, make sure you consume foods that are rich in proteins and unsaturated fatty acids. Include chicken, turkey, and beef for your main course menu, and dairy products like milk and egg for breakfast. Given below is a recipe for a gestational diabetes diet plan.
Asian Chicken and Slaw
- Ground chicken, 1¼ pounds
- Minced garlic, 3 teaspoons
- Shredded coleslaw mix, 16 pounds
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce, 3 teaspoons
- Dark sesame oil, 2 teaspoons
- Water chestnuts (chopped), 8 ounces
- Green onions (chopped), 2
- Marinate the chicken with half a portion of the ginger, garlic cloves, soy sauce, salt, pepper, chestnuts, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Form it into the shape of patties. Then, add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil to a pan, and heat the patties for 4 minutes. Let them cook in the oven at a temperature of 165 °F.
- Now, combine the remaining chestnuts, soy sauce, garlic, and salt with the coleslaw mix. Heat it on a medium flame for 7 minutes. Add a little water or chicken broth to it to make it tender. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Have the coleslaw mix with the chicken patties, hot.
A Recipe for Pregnant Women with Anemia
Anemia during pregnancy is not unnatural. Women who are affected by anemia during their gestation period feel nauseated and weak. An iron-rich diet is recommended by doctors in such circumstances. High iron foods like spinach, sprouts, lentils, and fish, are excellent to supplement the dietary need of iron. The recipe given below contains ingredients rich in iron.
Tilapia Fillet in Pepper
- Tilapia fillet, 3-4 ounces
- Green onions (sliced), 2
- Asparagus tips, 12
- Red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon
- Baby spinach, 2 cups
- Lime, ½
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl, mix the red pepper and oil. Place it inside the microwave for 30 seconds to prepare chili oil.
- Cut a foil of at least 18 inches and flatten it out. Place the asparagus and spinach on it.
- Place the tilapia fillet on top of it.
- Top the fillet with the chili oil and green onions. Add lime juice on top of it and season it with pepper and salt.
- The fillet is ready for baking. Bake it at 450 °F for 12-15 minutes.
A good combination of spices, nutrients, and taste is all that is required in recipes meant for pregnant women. Make sure that you have timely meals to stay healthy. You will also be given iron supplements and medicines by your doctor in case you have been diagnosed with health complications. So plan your diet accordingly.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Consult your doctor about consumption of foods suitable to your condition before trying out these recipes.